I added what turned out to be a hill to the bottom of this wallhanging. The original made me think that the tree was just floating. I thought about putting the grey straight across the bottom, then decided to echo the idea of the angle similar to the tree crown. It ended up looking like a hill, which is just fine to me! I think this is my most successful foray into “modern” quilting yet!
Meawhile, I was having trouble calling “Twigs” finished. I tore up my small stash, trying to find just the right blue, then trying to find anything, that could be binding and/or sashing. I’ve decided to use this dark brown, and I think I”ll quilt it with a poly embroidery thread that has a bit of shine, in a very light blue. Hopefully that will perk up the project and give it a bit of life.