Monday, January 6, 2014

Standard

Back to the sewing machine!  After warming up by finishing a block for All Roads Lead to the Sea, I got started on Labyrinth.

This pattern is made simply from strips, just two strips sewn together, cut into squares, then set into a variety of blocks. To improve the accuracy of sewing strips, I decided to work with strips half the width of the fabric.  Pressing and sewing a 40″ long strip is to me just asking for trouble re wonkiness and accuracy.  I starched the fabric twice…making it have a good amount of body but not stiff like cardboard!

First Block A done!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s