Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Standard

What a day!  I sewed a pineapple blossom partly backward…easy fix, but annoying!  And by mistake cut off a triangle on another block
.

Tried a free motion vine on the inner border of Jane’s Path, then decided that for all the work that would be needed to make this all around the quilt, it really isn’t necessary  because of all that’s going on in the quilt itself.  So I unstitched it.

Then, and I’m still wondering just how this happened, I ran out of binding on the quilt!  I ordered a navy fabric months ago and put it in my binding box, cut up the strips today and started sewing….I’m one strip short!  All the quilts I’ve made, and this has never never happened.  And of course I don’t have anything else suitable for binding in my stash.  Arrgghh.

I am so close to finishing the Praire Flowers centre…just four more pieces to applique.  I was hoping to sew the binding on Jane’s Path while deciding what applique to do next.  This weekend, Just Takes 2 is announcing their new project for 2014 which I think will be applique.  Dawn Heese as a new pattern called Rhapsody which I’m seriously thinking about.  I’m still thinking about fabric for Dutch Treat…and of course, there are the many many patterns already at hand!  Anyway, I’m not ordering new binding for Jane’s Path until I know what I might want or need for the next applique project!

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s