I somehow ended up with a stomach flu which was not a good thing, lol. Earlier in the week I had made some progress on quilting Honoring Emma
This morning I finished the applique block for the first May unit of Just Takes 2. I could not have done this block as well as I did if I had not persevered in learning backbasting…this method of applique pretty much guarantees the accurate symmetrical placement that some applique blocks require. Gay has a good tutorial on her website, Sentimental Stitches, and a google search will bring up several other lessons. I don’t know yet that backbasting will be come my first choice method (as of now, my go to method is making templates and drawing the shape on the fabric for needleturn), but its good to have one more way of applique in my toolbox!
Stitch good thoughts!