I quilted Sunshine and Shadow. ..and even used my new found skill with free motion leaves to create a kind of vine border! A variegated orange/yellow was used to do the straight stitchng in the centre. This will be going into my son’s room…he has nothing! on his walls. We moved house last summer; Scott moved from his childhood bedroom full of all the clutter and memories, into a “man cave” basement bedroom where he has a couch, bed, tv, and three different kinds of computers! Other than those things, he’s turned into a minimalist, only unpacking what he might need at that moment.
The centre of Pick up Sticks got sewn, along with one border piece. Earlier last week I started on some of the border triangles so I could see the finished quilt might look like. I made the quilt a bit smaller, after the borders are added it will be 62 x 79 inches…I’m keeping this quilt for us! I think it will make a great couch quilt, and I haven’t made us an everyday quilt for a long time. It will remind me that I *can* work in brights, and batiks!