I did finish the Electric Quilt Sampler b.o.m. and I have to say I am so proud of myself! It isn’t that I am so immensely happy with the quilt itself, as I am happy that I stuck it out and finished it! And the quilt does look pretty good!!
Wednesday afternoon, I had something that looked like this. I used a background fabric from my stash that I thought would calm down the colours a bit, and a second fabric for the alternate columns. I was so disappointed. I was convinced that what I had planned and sewed would be wonderful! And you know that horrible feeling when you go to press some pieces and you open it out and say, oh ugh!! I just wanted to throw it on the floor and stamp on it!! (This picture doesn’t really show how bad this beginning was!)
I had been working from a group of fat quarters for the sampler blocks, and with all the cutting up I was doing for the design process after drawing ideas in EQ, I was rapidly running out of fabric.
Thursday morning, I had just about decided to put the whole thing in a bag and let it age for a few months or more. I on-line shopped for fabric that might help make it into a good quilt. I huffed and sighed and played with EQ, and cut up some more bits. Took a deep breath and started at it again. By the end of the day, I finished this 42″ wallhanging, called Twelve of Eleven.
I really need to learn how to use the camera, or how to fix pictures. This quilt looks like it has a different background than the first, but its the same!