I had an idea to give a quilt to my Aunt…thinking of what was Select Six put together some time ago. After taking it out of the drawer, I thought I would make it a bit narrower, so I played on EQ and took apart the top a bit, and re-designed it. Its looking okay, but I don’t like the last brown border (unfortunately it doesn’t show much on this picture)…so that will eventually come off and be replaced with something a little brighter, maybe a colourful small open design on cream.
One more top is on its way, from blocks that I had made but didn’t like. I made the mini churn dashes that formed the inner part of a block in a pattern called Odds and Ends from American Patchwork and Quilting. After completing a few blocks with those churn dashes, I was just not happy with the look. EQ to the rescue, again, and I came up with this idea, followed by a picture of the blocks made so far. This will eventually be a quilt for a niece, I think.