August was busy in the sewing room – I thought I’d finally catch up on the blog with some pictures of recent projects finished and on their way –
First is a quilt I made for my niece’s first year in university residence. Its a variation of a quilt called CrossRoads in American Patchwork and Quilting, August 08. I revised the pattern a bit to accommodate charm squares. I used to packs of Rural Jardin charm squares, less the light ones, plus some odd bits from my stash. Finished size is 62 x 77.
I quilted Starlight Starbright for my daughter’s graduation present
I finished a top to give to my Aunt, then decided another WIP might be more suitable for her, and its almost ready for quilting. I’ve re-designed another UFO that may be a quilt for a niece. I’ve been working on blocks from the Farmer’s Wife book, and with a goal of 10 blocks a month, I’m up to 40 blocks.
I’ve also been very much enjoying the ease of applique from b.o.m. kits! Its an easy way out, I know, but absolutely no stress over colour choices, which seems to be my nemises for applique. I’m working on Baltimore & Bali, and a folk version (kansas troubles fabrics) of My Whimsical Garden. ). I’m also keeping up with Honouring Emma.
More pictures tomorrow,