The top for the Delectable Mountains was done on Friday – however no good picture yet.
Then I started on yet another top that I wanted to be for the Christmas holidays. I’m beginning to think that I wasn’t meant to make a Christmas quilt or wallhanging – every attempt, other than the first successful wreath I made years ago, has turned out badly. Just not what I wanted.
This one holds more promise, but I’m still feeling kind of stuck. It all started with a jelly roll, and a disk of redwork machine embroidery snowmen (Snowman Collector by the Stitch Connection). I wanted to combine these into I think a lap quilt, but now I’m thinking a wall quilt. That wreath from years ago is looking kind of tired 🙂
I started making strip pieced hsts, then proceeded to four piece rail fences, then played on EQ to decide if I should make the snowman a centre or a border. Three days later, and this is what I have –